The Breast International Group (BIG) is an international not-for-profit organisation that represents the largest global network of academic groups dedicated to breast cancer research. 30+ clinical trials are run or under development under the BIG umbrella at any one time.
For its Headquarters based in Brussels, BIG is seeking a:
Career opportunities in BIG Member Groups:
Medical Advisor (M/F)
Function: Contributes to the scientific development, set-up and conduct of clinical trials, research programs and related activities in collaboration with other BIG Headquarters (HQ) scientific staff, BIG members and various scientific partners.
• Supports BIG scientific leadership, under the guidance of the BIG Medical Director, to develop and execute BIG’s scientific mission and strategic goals
• Contributes to the conception of patient-focused, new-drug and non-drug, patient- oriented clinical trials and research programmes for BIG
• Supports the further development of clinical trials and research programmes with various scientific partners, including BIG Group members, other academic networks, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and various vendors, among others
• Participates in the negotiation, set-up and conduct of multinational scientific collaborations involving multiple partners, e.g., by contributing to study protocol development and writing as well as core document review as an expert in one or more areas of clinical research
• Supports the project management team in the review of core study documents, scientific meeting preparation and various other activities
• Supports the finance and legal teams in the budget and contracts planning
• Provides scientific training and guidance to staff members
• Plans, attends and follows-up on scientific, project and business meetings, including those of trial-specific committees
• Ensures compliance to GCP, SOPs and ethical conduct within the studies for which one is responsible
• Represents the association in its various scientific activities, including speaking at workshops, cancer conferences and other events as needed
• Medical degree, experience in Oncology Clinical Research is a plus
• Excellent organizational skills
• Fluent spoken/written English, other languages are a plus
• High standard of verbal and written communication skills
• Being positive, enthusiastic and energetic, with a 'hands-on' approach…
• Ability to work effectively in multicultural teams, as well as independently
• Interest in working in fast-paced, non-profit academic research environment
What is offered: a stimulating international environment and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Experienced Legal Advisor (M/F)
As an experienced legal advisor, you will collaborate with a team (legal advisors, project managers, managing director, medical director, etc.) in managing the day-to-day contracts process in an efficient and timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and finalizing all types of agreements related to breast cancer research including, without limitation, confidentiality agreements, letters of intent, clinical study agreements (e.g., with pharmaceutical companies, association members and partners, individual hospitals, vendors), consortium agreements, services agreements, grant agreements, as well as other related documents
• Working and liaising with team members to facilitate coordination of the legal aspects of different study activities (e.g., start-up, amendment, termination)
• Advising on any legal and ethical issues related to the research being developed or conducted (e.g., informed consent, governance, data privacy)
• Advising on a variety of other legal matters related to the running of BIG as an international non-profit organisation under Belgian law (e.g., insurance, statutes, etc)
• Advising on legal matters related to fundraising activities
• Master’s in Law with relevant experience (5-6 years) in the clinical research or in hospital contracts management or other related environment
• Experience as a barrister is an added value
• Fluent written and spoken English; French and other languages are an asset
• Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
• Ability to work in a team, but also independently
• Strong sense of responsibility and ethics
• Excellent organizational skills
What is offered:
A permanent full-time or part-time contract (80%).
A stimulating international environment and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: kk
Breast International Group-aisbl
Blvd de Waterloo 76
Medical Doctor in Breast Cancer Clinical Research (fellowship position) (M/F)
EORTC promotes multidisciplinary cancer research in Europe. EORTC research is conducted in over 300 university hospitals in 32 countries. Its network of investigators comprises more than 2500 scientists and clinicians collaborating in 20 multidisciplinary groups.
The EORTC offers a one-year research fellowship (renewable to a maximum of 3 years).
The fellow will work closely with the EORTC- Breast Cancer Group.
Main aims and tasks:
The EORTC offers a one-year research fellowship project on breast cancer research which aims to investigate the development of new therapeutic strategies in breast cancer patients. The fellow will be involved in the scientific coordination, supervision, clinical data collection, analysis and interpretation of open clinical trials and as well manuscript writing and establishment of new projects within the domain of breast cancer oncology.
• Be a young medical oncologist (35 years maximum)
• Have a focus or interest in cancer clinical research and especially in the field of breast cancer
• Preferably has clinical research background
• Be fluent in English
• Be computer literate
• Be able to work in an international environment
• Have excellent communication skills and team spirit
The EORTC offers a highly stimulating, professional and friendly atmosphere in an international environment.
Please send curriculum vitae, cover letter in English and 2 letters of recommendations to:
Saida Jinah EORTC Fellowship Program Avenue E. Mounier 83 b/11, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Phone: +32 2 774 16 50 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Fellowship position for a Medical Doctor in Clinical Cancer Research (M/F)
The Institut Jules Bordet (www.bordet.be), a university teaching hospital of the Université Libre de Bruxelles (U.L.B), is a comprehensive cancer center in Belgium. Its services range from cancer screening to multidisciplinary cancer treatment and state-of-the art clinical and laboratory research, for which the Institute is renowned on both the national and international levels.
The Academic Promoting Team and (APT) and the Clinical Trial Support Unit (CTSU) are located at the Jules Bordet Institute. These are clinical trials units involved in the coordination and data management of large international phase III trials in the field of adjuvant breast cancer therapy as well as well phase I-II trials in different tumour types. Since the mid-1990s, these clinical research units have hosted many fellows from numerous continents and countries around the world, including Europe, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, India, Egypt, Lebanon and Peru. A fellowship at the IJB research provides a unique experience for medical oncologists to become familiar with all aspects of the development and conduct of cancer clinical trials.
- Acting as medical advisor for phase II/III trials in the field of neoadjuvant, adjuvant or metastatic breast cancer or other cancers; in addition to being responsible for all medical aspects of a particular trial, a medical advisor participates in conference calls, investigator and other meetings related to the study, often held at major oncology conferences;
- Writing, discussing, and developing new study protocols in cancer (phase I to III studies);
- Writing review and research articles, book chapters, and abstracts under the guidance of a senior oncologist with expertise in a particular field of oncology;
- Writing grant applications whenever required;
- Attending and presenting journal clubs;
- Interacting with other departments within the institution for related research activities;
- Attending oncology conferences, meetings and workshops;
- Helping on the training of new team members;
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Hold a degree in medicine and have recently completed, or are soon to complete, their specialization in Medical Oncology;
- Be no older than 35 years;
- Preferably have some clinical research and publication background;
- Be fluent in English (French and/or Dutch are an asset);
- Be able to work in an international environment;
- Possess excellent communication skills and team spirit;
- Be able to work within established deadlines;
- Be able to work on different activities (multi-task);
- Possess computer skills (Microsoft office);