The Breast International Group (BIG) is an international not-for-profit organisation that represents the largest global network of academic groups dedicated to breast cancer research. 30+ clinical trials are run or under development under the BIG umbrella at any one time.
The Breast International Group (BIG) is seeking a full-time, experienced Clinical Trials Project Manager, to be based in its headquarters in Brussels, Belgium.
BIG is an international non-profit organization that represents the largest global network – over 50 countries, across 6 continents – of academic groups dedicated to breast cancer research. Its mission is to facilitate and accelerate breast cancer research internationally.
As an experienced Clinical Trials Project Manager in the Scientific Operations Department at BIG Headquarters (HQ), you will focus on the set-up and execution of international clinical studies (Phase II / III) or related research projects with a variety of partners. You will be based in Brussels, Belgium, report to a Project Management Leader (line manager) and the Scientific Director, and will be engaged in the following types of activities:
- Serve as a main study contact between multiple partners, including BIG member groups, pharmaceutical industry partners, and a variety of vendors for specific clinical trials
- Coordinate BIG HQ responsibilities for individual clinical trials, e.g.,
- conduct of group surveys / site feasibility
- set up of study governance committees and related documentation
- coordination of governance committees and working groups and their meetings (including taking minutes)
- development of study contracts and budgets in collaboration with the Legal and Finance departments,
- prepare, manage and follow-up on meetings between partners (including taking minutes)
- Prepare and/or review study documents and communications
- Assist in preparing reports and articles if needed
- Assist in preparation and follow-up of study-related grants if needed
- other scientific operations activities as needed
- ensure that BIG principles and processes are adhered to, under the guidance of Project Management Leaders
- Organise internal team meetings
- Maintain BIG HQ study / project files
- Assist Project Management Leaders as needed
- As part of a project management team, contribute to the improvement of all processes and procedures as well as all related documentation in BIG HQ
- Academic degree, preferably in a (para)medical discipline
- Experience in the set-up and management of all operational aspects of clinical trials (in academia, industry, or CRO)
- In-depth knowledge of methodologies, regulations and procedures related to clinical trials
- Experience in oncology clinical trials a plus
- Possess strong analytical skills and highly organized project management abilities, keeping an eye on both detail, while maintaining a broad overview
- Ability to:
- work effectively in multicultural teams within BIG headquarters and the BIG network, and across organisational boundaries, respecting differences between people from a variety of linguistic and cultural backgrounds
- learn, interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures with minimal guidance
- accurately and professionally process a high volume of correspondence, documents and other often sensitive and confidential information
- maintain a high level of poise and professionalism while coordinating a diverse variety of daily and special project deadlines simultaneously
- Native or native-like written and spoken English; French, Dutch or other languages a plus
- A high level of integrity and sense of responsibility and professionalism
What we offer:
The opportunity to contribute to innovative, practice-changing cancer research.
A stimulating international environment and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your CV and cover letter to:
Breast International Group-aisbl
Blvd de Waterloo 76